This is a community for issues relating to immigration.
What this means:
1) It is a space for immigrants of any country to share their personal stories and rants, or ask for advice.
2) It is a place of discussion for anyone: immigrants, the children of immigrants, those considering immigration, and people who wish to offer support.
3) It is also a space to share news stories and political developments regarding issues of immigration and cultural clashes.
1) Blanket resentment or any kind of hate speech against immigrants will not be tolerated here. Derogatory language towards immigrants will also not be permitted. Please be aware of this when you post.
2) Please be aware that issues of immigration sometimes intersect with racism, colonialism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, etc. These will not be tolerated in this community.
3) We will not tolerate abusive behavior towards other immigrant groups, whether or not it comes from other immigrants. Be mindful of things such as white privilege and horizontal oppressions. As this is a diverse group, please watch how you talk about other countries and cultures.
Everyone is welcome. Unless you're a troll. Then you can fuck right off.
If you're having any issues with content or a certain user, or want to offer suggestions, please tell us about it here, in the mod community.
This is a list of links related to the Issues 101 of immigration. Currently the list is very short and very US-centric. We are always on the lookout for more resources and we welcome contributions from our members to make the discourse in the community as informed and productive as possible. If you have a link you'd like us to look at, please leave it here.